Tuesday, March 17, 2009

FRESH Perspective: High Technology, It’s Just a Part of Me




When I woke up this morning, I immediately checked my blackberry for any news updates, headlines, and text messages. I scrolled through my schedule for the day, read emails that came while I slept. And before I started a pot of coffee, I had already loaded up my computer, read articles, and viewed media clips without thinking twice. I read an article last week about Roman Catholic Bishops requesting the faithful to fast from high technology for lent. I must be honest, that would be extremely difficult especially for Millennial’s because we grew up with technology, and it helps us manage our lives.

We have surrounded ourselves with gadgets that help us communicate and stay abreast on the latest information being transmitted. Emailing, instant messaging, and text messaging is our preferred way of communicating. Armed with our laptops, blackberry, iphones, and G1’s, it allows us to connect to stay connected to web and check our facebook and myspace accounts. My friend Jasmine at Otterbein while we were supposed to be studying for a final exam on Sunday was getting me acquainted with twitter, because I had just recently started an account.

What is true about Millennial’s, is that we’re not afraid to investigate new technology and decide if it works for us, this is something that our parents generation is a lot more hesitate about doing. So as I move along in my day, is it really possible for me to live without high technology, hmmm I guess one day I will have to find out but as of now, it’s just apart of me.

FRESH

No comments:

Truth Music Disclaimer

This personal weblog does not represent the views of the authors' employers, school, clients, nor vendors. Truth Music does not claim credit for any media content (i.e. videos, pictures etc) featured unless otherwise noted. All media content (i.e. videos, pictures etc) is copyright to its respectful owners. If you own rights to any of the images, or are depicted thereof, and do not wish to appear here, please contact us